New Year’s Resolutions can seem daunting and leave many feeling like a failure before January is even over. We believe knowledge is power! If you understand the benefit and keep it simple, you will stick with it! Here are some simple resolutions and product suggestions to promote your inner health and beauty to stay on target. Shine from the inside out in 2018!
1. To wash my face every night. Sounds simple, but we’re often surprised to hear how many women skip washing their makeup off at night! Your skin needs to be cleansed of makeup, dirt, and oil so it can be nourished with the proper products to keep it healthy and prevent aging. But we get it, it’s a process and you’re tired and just want to go to bed, so the key to making your regimen quick and simple comes down to the products you’re using.
- The Jane Iredale Magic Mitt ($15): Knitted micro-fiber cloth that relies only on water and tiny micro-fibers to penetrate and wash away oil and grime. Magic Mitt will also reduce waste by eliminating makeup wipes, which are not good for your skin. After thorough testing, scientists found that Magic Mitt harbors 80% less bacteria than the average washcloth! At only $15, this is something for everyone!
2. To take my vitamins. This is often overlooked, but an important step in your overall beauty regimen. We believe in a holistic approach to beauty that starts with feeding yourself from the inside out with supplements to support healthy cell turn-over. But do they work? The reviews on janeiredale.com for these supplements are off the charts. Tip: store them where you will use them. Whether it’s in your purse, on your desk or in your bathroom, set yourself up for success!
- Skin Accumax is a nutritional supplement designed to clear acne and improve problem skin in general. Scientists have blended a specific combination of vitamins with diindolylmethane (DIM), the recommended dosage is the equivalent to eating 8 heads of broccoli!
- Skin Omegas are a combination of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, the vital “good fat” for any balanced diet. Omega fatty acids play a crucial role in cell renewal throughout the body and will increase hydration and overall smoothness. All skin types benefit from omegas, especially dry, sensitive and acneic.
- Skin Vitamin A is suggested for all skin types, and is enriched with Vitamin D. Vitamin A is responsible for skin’s firmness and D optimizes the immune system to destroy free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Skin Antioxidant is suggested for all skin types and formulated with 7 nutrients found in plants. Antioxidants help protect and repair the skin keeping it looking younger.
- Skin Complete is the duo pack of Skin Antioxidant and Skin Vitamin A.
3. To take care of my hair. We have 3 simple suggestions for you: Regular trims, always use heat protection, and brush your hair!
If you are maintaining a long style with long layers and your hair is in good condition, a trim every 8-12 weeks is sufficient. For shorter styles, you will find a trim necessary every 4-6 weeks to maintain the shape. Leave bang trims to a professional! They are typically free or up to $10 depending on your stylist and take a few min so put the kitchen scissors down!
- Always use heat protection before styling with a hair dryer or any other hot tool. We recommend The Davines Melu Heat Shield because it can be used on wet or dry hair and protects up to 450 degrees. Using heat protection will NOT heal damaged hair, only protect hair from further damage. It can not be used as a crutch for over styling, over bleaching, or bad products. If your hair has excessive damage, always invest in salon and at-home treatments.
- Brush your hair from scalp to ends! It sounds simple, but many women confess they do not brush their scalp and just focus on the ends. Many worry it will make their hair look oily, but it has the opposite effect as it pulls the natural scalp oil down to nourish the ends. It also stimulates the hair follicle to exfoliate the scalp and promote healthy growth. Just think Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!
4. To stay consistent in my self-care. Your best results will come with sticking to a regimen. Regular use of quality products, facials, massage therapy, hair appointments, brow appointments, and supplements will pay off and speak for themselves! It is a busy world with many demands. Don’t forget yourself in the process.
For example, using RevitaLash every night for 8 weeks will give you longer, healthier lashes! This only comes with remembering to apply it at your lash line every night after you wash your face.
5. Clean my makeup brushes regularly. Dirty brushes become more abrasive and dry as they build-up with product and debris from your face. This will cause irritation to your skin and not give an even, pretty application. Cleaning your brushes regularly keeps them soft enough to not cause damage to your face. Dirty makeup brushes can also be a breeding ground of bacteria. Thankfully Jane Iredale mineral makeup is inert, meaning it cannot harbor bacteria!
We recommend a deep cleanse with a conditioning shampoo like Jane Iredale Truly Pure made for makeup brushes. Then lay them flat to dry.
- To clean in between or remove different colors, try the Jane Iredale Botanical Cleanser. Simply mist on a paper towel and swirl brushes to remove makeup and debris.
When it comes to your resolutions this year, just remember it’s always easier to keep them when they are simple, enjoyable, and you see the value it will add to your life. Products you use play a big part in that so come in and see how we can help! Check our Instagram everyday @crownbeautybar for our daily contests to help you reach your goals!
Cheers to more self-love in 2018!!!